Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why do people judge, criticize, or complain when teenagers make babies when the ?

main stream media is saturated with sexual content? Is it do as I say not as I do?Why do people judge, criticize, or complain when teenagers make babies when the ?
i think that's what they expect, but i was 19 with my 1st and i got a lot of looks and remarks about my age. it kinda ticked me off cause i was like its my life. I get it when they don't want younger kids like 14 having kids because they're in school. they need to grow up...but songs and movies and tv make kids think...hey that sounds fun i wanna try. i think the whole thing is bull.Why do people judge, criticize, or complain when teenagers make babies when the ?
Facts are the media is not telling teens to go have babies so that the parents of that teen and/or the average person has to maintain and care for that child. I know for a fact in the state of florida, if a minor has a child, the parents of that minor must not only care for the teen but for that child that she had. If the parents do not qualify for welfare then the teen wont get it. SO that means that it becomes the burden of the parent. Why do teenagers want to have children. I have always wondered that. You get up all day and night. Your less likely to have a good job to support that child. You have to depend on the system to support you and most of the time (not all) the father is long gone by the time the baby is born let alone a year old. I think it is a same that pparents arent talking to their kids about sex and what happens. If nothing else lets get sex education back into the system that way maybe someone will get it acrossed to them.
Teen pregnancy has been an issue for every generation in the last 1000 years. Todays media wasn't around for even a small portion of that time. It is simply more publicized with todays media.The media may contain sexual content but it is not geared at a 14 year old audience. We do have rating systems in place on television programs and most teens don't watch the ';news';. Yet we see many 14 year olds becoming pregnant. As little as 30-40 years ago teen mothers were shunned and dropped out of school. Nobody wanted to deal with the issue. And that was a strong deterrant for teens to be very careful. Today teen pregnancy is prevalent and seen in the classrooms, on the streets, and throughout society. This causes it to be more accepted by others and in some cases emulated. Throughout history the average age of a woman losing her virginity has roughly been 16-18. That hasn't changed by much if at all. But in todays society its acceptable to be promiscuous without being married which also sends the message that teens can and should be having sex. There is no longer a message compelling teens to wait for marriage. Add the mainstream teachings that the ultimate goal in life is personal satisfaction and wants versus needs. It creates a society where teens have sex because it feels good, a society where the teen knows if the teen becomes pregnant the parents will help pay and they can continue their lives, a society where abortion or the morning after pill are used as birth control, as well as a society where the teen knows if all else fails a welfare system will pay for them. It is a society of do as I say and not as i do, but not because of the media. As a society we support and encourage teen parents to succeed. Sometimes while ignoring those who aren't becoming parents. We have college funds, housing, clothing, and loan programs specifically designed for teen parents. Why would the average teen worry about pregnancy and making a career knowing that? The average teen will be competing with thousands for scholarships. The average teen parent qualifies to recieve a college education paid for by welfare. We cant blame the ';media'; for what we as a society fail to teach our children. And unfortunately we are sending a very bad message to kids.
I dont see the media out there telling teens and adults to have kids. I see the sexual content, that is society, but its the parents responsibilty to keep their kids informed on how they should act.


Quit Blaming the media and other people, its all about how the child is raised and the influences in the childs life.



I would say the media well not so much media but the TV and ads and so on is the #1 thing in making kids and young teens start out so young....I mean you see 13 yr olds having sex and when I was a 13 yr old I never thought of boys or sex haha its just a crazy world and people are all messed up in the heads there morals are backwards I am not saying everyone is....People I think critize them b/c there too young to have a baby there not grown up and blah blah I think its crazy when young kids get pregnant but there not anymore capable than we are in raising a kid they might even do better sometimes.....but why should people astonished at young teens getting pregnant look at the world now people don't care as much about self respect and there bodies as they did 10 years ago...I dunno just my opinion! Most parents I think its DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO I agree with you
Is the media holding a gun to your head to have sex? Do teenagers know that there are ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy? Wouldn't it be nice to blame all the ignorance in the world on our media. I would bet that most 12 year olds today know what a condom is BECAUSE of the media.






I tend to not really have an opinion either way with other people's families about that kinda thing. I start to worry if it happens to one of my own kids. lol


I just don't care if jamie lynn or bertha doe are popping out kids left and right. I just hope I'm teaching my own kids well.
I only complain when they make babies and then get on welfare so that I can pay for them
because people are suppose to know better than have sex as a teen and unmarried/
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment