Saturday, August 21, 2010

What exactly is ocd? Alot of teenagers/peers of mine claim they have it?

Is it really like, people having their own ocds?


Li8ke for example I have to make lists of everything, I never actually go back and look at my lists (like to do lists) but I HAVE TO WRITE THEM out, and I keep them all but I never look at them.


I never considered it an ocd before?


But is it?


What exactly is an ocd then?What exactly is ocd? Alot of teenagers/peers of mine claim they have it?
i have OCD and these are all of the things that i do:





Randomly saying the letter E- kind of weird but i have to do it. I probably say that letter about 200 times a day





Randomly needing to wipe the back of my hand on objects- still weird but i have to do it





Having to always have things even-If I鈥檓 hit on my right arm, I鈥檒l have to hit myself with the same amount of pressure in the exact same spot on my left arm. When I pick things up I have to do it with both hands because if I don鈥檛 my one hand will feel heavier than the other. If I step on a crack or a shadow with my left foot I鈥檒l have to step on that crack or shadow with my right foot.





Fearing germs- I wash my hands a lot but not to the point of washing them after i touch one thing





Seeing myself die- in minds eye, i always see bad things happening to myself





Spelling everything out- When i read i always have to spell out certain words in my head





In the car I tap my feet when another car goes by- have to do it





Count random things- I count things like stairs when i walk up them or windows when i pass a building. I can't help it.





Rearranging things so their just right





I also hate to throw out old worthless stuff- i always think I'll need it someday.





I always memorize phone numbers- i feel as if I'll need it someday





Seeing invisible lines- I see these invisible line on the floor and can only have two steps between them. So i walk all weird.











all OCD is anxiety. You feel as if something bad is going to happen (obsessions) and the only way to prevent it is if you do those weird little things (compulsions)





A lot of people say that they have OCD just if they clean something up or something like that but they really don't. But i don't know your friends. Maybe they do. Ask them.What exactly is ocd? Alot of teenagers/peers of mine claim they have it?
OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everyone has something they tweak about, be it clean bedrooms, books in alphabetical order, etc. A person with ocd takes it to the max. If you want an example watch the TV show, Monk.
LOL.





OCD, or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, is a mental disorder that involves both obsessions over irrational ideas and/or rituals in order to assuage one's anxieties.
There is a new, breakthrough website that can answer your question. If you don't feel ready to get the answer straight away, don't pressure yourself to visit it. It is very new and surprisingly, a lot of people here haven't heard of it.





It is called www.google.com
Google is your FRIEND!





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E鈥?/a>
I think I do have OCD, anything I touch with my right hand I have to touch with my left, etc. You probably have it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment