Friday, July 30, 2010

Have any teenagers been brought up with Christianity?

What are your memories of it in childhood? How did your parents introduce you to your religion?Have any teenagers been brought up with Christianity?
i was raised as a christian, but we weren't really practicing. we didn't go to church, not even on easter or mother's day. when i turned 18, i got a higher understanding of many things and the bible didn't make as much sense and it seemed to become slightly contradictory. i later denounced christianity and my mother hit the roof, but i could no long ignore that christianity was not for me. so i'm not a christian, i'm agnostic- i believe in God and that's it. i've neve felt closer to God than i do at this point in my life.Have any teenagers been brought up with Christianity?
Ya, i was totally brought up christian. My parents are religous and we have just always gone to church and sunday school. Its important for a young child to be introduced but when the kids start growing up is when church really becomes important. I know i went 2 a church until 6th grade, and the kid program there was GREAT, but the teen program was AWFUL- so we switched to a church that has an amazing teen program. I was confirmed through the first church in 6th grade before switching. Before the other church i mean i believed in god but it never affected me. Then we switched to the great church and it changed my whole life. they started introducing me to god as a friend and stuff. Then i started to go to bible study, and i went to bible study all this year and ya IM A CHRISTIAN :) ya. But my parents also acted like christians, we dont have huge family issues or anything, both are nice parents who are great and supportive and leave by example :) thats my story. So becoming really religous and having that relationship with god was my choice, and its what I wanted. i have a sister who comes to church believes in god and stuff but isnt as religous as i am, she kinda doesnt care. so my parents let me choose which is important
I went to church with my parents and family and went to Sunday school, which was actually pretty fun. We would do arts and crafts about events that happened in the bible and when church ended they would give us a snack like cookies and the adults would have coffee and the kids would have lemonade or punch or sumthing. my family and i stopped going to church except for Christmas and Easter after we moved so we're not that religious anymore. we still say like a 5 second grace at dinner but i'm not really that religious. i believe in god and stuff but i do ';bad'; things like cuss and crap like that.
wel im catholic which is just like christian except stricter


but actaully in my family all we did was go to church like 1 a month pretty bad right. and my parents are laid back and arent strict like i can go out and everything. we just say were catholic since thats her religion and how she was raised up so im catholic to because i also belive in god
I am being forced to sit in Sunday School every Sunday. And then during the Summer I have to sit through the actual service. =P When I get into 7th grade I have to do Catechism. It's when I have to take note of what the sermon is talking about in Church. I have to write a page on what he meant all that fun stuff. And then I have to go to the classes every Sunday night until the 9th grade. Hooray can't wait.....NOT.
im 14 and a Christian! my daddy's a pastor so church is(not so much anymore) a major part of my life. i was baptized by the bishop(head of the methodist churches in certain areas such as mine ca/nv) as a baby. being a pk(pastor kid) is hard and for a while i was under the ';perfect'; deffinition but now am slowly leaning towards the ';screw up'; deffinition. God is still and always be #1 in my life even though i don't go to church as often as i should right now(my parents and brother are at church right now! lol!) and im at home! so church and God just came instantly into my life since the day i was born. not necessacerly because of choice though! hope this helps! :)
well i was baptized catholic, and i had to go through all the stupid traditions like first communion and being confirmed. i had to go to religious education classes once a week, and up until i was 12 we went to church like every sunday.





but i dont believe in that religion. its not that i dont believe in god, i just dont really agree with catholic ways. the rest of my family is still religious including my younger brother and sister and my mom refuses to believe that i dont want to be catholic. so i have to go to major events, like my brother's first communion, but thats about it. we also go to the christmas eve mass.





i mean its whatever, my mom is a once a year catholic, and she gets on my back for not being catholic enough.
i'm 14 and i'm a Christian , in fact i just came home from church. my parents were Christians when i was born and i've gone to church since then, i accepted Jesus as my savior when i was 5 and was baptized at 10 i love Jesus and i love being a christian. church is wonderful and i love to worship and sing and read God's word and praise his name !!
My bestfriend was baptized and her mom took her to church every sunday. Then when she was 3 she was enrolled in a sunday school-preschool typed thing. [she went to that while her mom was at church on sundays.]





then she was put in PSR because she goes to public school. and now shes on her way to being confirmed.
im 21, im a christian... we did the whole church thing, but i learned more about the bible from a kids bible. We also sang songs like ';Jehovah'; and such. We had this one tape of a dummy [[like a ventriloquist]] who sang biblical songs]]





i remember the songs the most...





To the girl above me i went through a period of time where i hated God. Ive studied evolution. I happen to believe in both creation and evolution. I believe mutation is what causes evolution. God creates that change. God creates evolution... Just my personal opinion though...
Ive been going to church for as long as i can remember. the only time we didn't go was when my mom was pregnant and threw up a lot. my grandpa was a preacher and my grandma played (and still does) the organ during worship service. i wouldn't trade my Christianity for anything in the world.
They made me sit in church. Every christmas they would ask me ';What is Christmas REALLY about?'; and I would say ';Jesus'; and they would be proud of me. I was put in a sunday school class.





A few years after that I stopped believing in God. It just seemed to unreal. I started studying evolution and so now that's what I believe in.
My parents don't really believe in much of anything. They never told me anything about God, religion, Jesus or anything of the like. I found religion on my own in Middle School. I went to church with my best friend. That's how I got started.
was christened when i was a baby.


sunday school when i turned 7.


baptised at 12


going to church every sunday.


if i change religions, my family will disown me. seriously, no joke. i tried wiccan before, and i still have scars, emotional and physical.
My moms best friends husband was a deacon at a church, and then we started going. I didn't like it until I had the personal relationship w/ God for myself. But other than that, good memories.
i went to a holiness church so i had to sit down and listen to the preacher. and i went when i was 5 days old. and i wouldnt change it for anything..
never really had a religion


my dad is christian my mom is protestant


we celebrate christmas and easter and stuff but ive neevr gone to church really
Yeah, I'm 12 and I go to church sometimes. My grandma is pretty religious, but noone else in my family really is, including me.
We always prayed to god before dinner and before we went to sleep. I was baptised when I was a baby, so there was no real 'intro' to the religion.
My parents let me figure out religion on my own. I actually think its really great that they did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment