Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you think teenagers should be allowed to listen to their ipods when they're doing work/studying?

Health-wise I know it's not that good, but I personally find it easier to work with. Anybody else feel this way? Feel free to give other opinions.. :)Do you think teenagers should be allowed to listen to their ipods when they're doing work/studying?
I used too listen to my ipod when i was working and honestly i found it distracting, i always got too involved with the music and found myself jumping around the room screaming the lyrics instead of actually working, classical music is supposed to be great for studying as it improves you IQ and makes you think but i'm not sure many teens would want to listen to classical so i say nothing is best.





Edit- I'd just like to add that if you find studying/working with music on isn't distracting for you and helps you work then i don't see a problem with it, when i answered i talked about what works for me but it's different with everyone.





=]Do you think teenagers should be allowed to listen to their ipods when they're doing work/studying?
Depends on if they can get good grades or not. Personally, I think its easier to do BETTER on anything without listening to music (even driving, for example). Some tunes can be distracting. The thing about it is, kids can dowload just about anything on those, and we NEVER hear it. As a parent, that is scary-you SHOULD know everything about what your child does as a teen (there WILL be some things, I'm sure).
I actually did a study on this subject at University (using discmans because they were the technology at the time) and found that students thought they were more focused but actually made more mistakes. We gave them math tests and reading comprehension and the group who weren't listening to a discman did better across the board than in similar tests taken in silence.
Unless there's evidence it's distracting them then I don't see the problem during private study. Though not during class obviously.





Some people work better with music, some without. Unless there's a noticeable drop in marks/grades when the iPod is being used, I think it's okay.
hows it not healthy? unless u have it full blast





i think its good.. because even though it might be a bit distracting at least it makes doing work more enjoyable





for me its either do homework listening to music... or no homework at all





so i guess thats the better option :D
Yeah I feel that way if I have to study or homework I have to listen to my iPod and at my school we get to have our iPods so there's a lot of student that listen to thier iPods while doing there work
I definitely feel that way, like, with homework, I can't really work without plugging in one of my Jason Falkner albums and listening. I don't know why I study better with music...it just helps. :)





Kelly
I agree. I always found I'd blend into the music and forget where I was, but then out of no where, my homework would be complete. The music always helped!





ღ◦Female◦ღ
my teacher do that all the time.


they say it keeps your mind focused on your work.





and my one teacher has us listen to classical piano crap because he says it help the brian grow.


ROFL
I do :D. I usually listen to music when I do homeworks which are easy to make.. if i have to focus then i can't listen to music cuz i can t concentrate anymore :D
I personally cannot study with music, it distracts me too much but if you find it easier to work with, I don't see why not :)
they should be allowed to listen to their ipods during doing homework but definitely not at school during classes.
I think that doing your work or studying is alot easier when i'm lisenting to my music. It helps take stress away. you should definitly do it...
When I'm writing stories, listening to music helps me get in a mood. :)





Homework might require more focus I guess.
Sometimes... Not always... They should always focus on work or study... =D
I def think it's fine.
How is it not healthy?! It's perfectly fine. =]
as long as they get the work done, i dont see anything wrong with it.
it barley works for me.
Yeah, it helps me concentrate. A lot of our teachers let us at my school because it gets us to shut up too.
no, and thats my final answer

No comments:

Post a Comment